Ingredient of the Year: Prebiotic
Our award for Ingredient of the Year in the Prebiotic category aims to celebrate the best ingredients dedicated to selectively promoting the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the GI tract. All ingredients with demonstrable prebiotic activity are eligible for entry into this award. From established ingredients to emerging fibers, polyphenols and other non-digestible food ingredients, this award celebrates ingredients designed to meet the specific demands in the prebiotic category.
Judges will look at how your ingredient meets specific consumer or health need and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A genuine consumer demand, microbiome-related opportunity
- Solid scientific evidence to demonstrate a unique nutritional solution to this need or problem – including peer reviewed data to back up any performance or health claims made
- A good range of examples of applications / delivery systems for use final products
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market(s). Give numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market.
- What gives your ingredient the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
HOW TO ENTER:
The cost per entry is $199.
To view the requirements for this category click here.
Entries for the NutraIngredient-USA Awards Ingredient of the Year categories are required to have the ingredient in a finished product that is commercially available in the United States.
Deadline to submit entries is Monday, March 16, 2020.
- Once all entries have been received they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients-USA Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- The three finalists will be confirmed and notified in May 2020.
- The winner will be announced at our awards ceremony on July 13, 2020, in Chicago.